Department of Student Services
The Department of Student Services provides numerous services for parents:
For more information about the services listed above call Debbie Cardash at her confidential number. 773-440-0770
- A Guide for Parents to Maximize Their Child’s Learning Potential - This handbook is a helpful resource that offers parents information necessary to understand: behaviors of concern in children, different kinds of mental health and support service professionals, and available resources for evaluation and intervention/ treatment. Access this guide online at: www.att.org
- Parent education workshops provide opportunities throughout the year for parents to learn helpful
- strategies to enhance their parenting skills.
- Referrals to mental health professionals are provided by request by contacting the Director of Student
- Promoting self-advocacy skills to help parents effectively advocate for their child so that needs get
- met in the most optimal way.
- Individual consultation appointments by parent request with the Director of Student Services. This
- assists parents in developing the best plan for their child balancing both short and long term needs.